Greek Potato Salad
For the salad
- 2 large potatos, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 2 large farm eggs
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cucumber, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 bunch of green onions, minced
- 8 green olives, pitted
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, minced
- 3 tbsp. feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. Mt. Kofinas extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing
- In a medium-sized saucepan, place the diced potatoes and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until done, being careful not to overcook.
- Drain and set aside.
- In another, smaller pan, place the eggs and enough water to cover.
- Bring to a rolling boil and immediately remove from heat.
- Cover the pan tightly and allow to sit for fifteen minutes.
- Drain the water and cover the eggs with ice water. Allow to chill completely.
- Peel the eggs and cut into small wedges.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl and pour the dressing over.
- Serve chilled.